2011 Resolutions | Drinking on jury duty, green M&M’s, Bieber tweets and much more
by Tony and Mike
The new year provides an opportunity for a fresh start. Everywhere you look, someone is offering tips on how to “start the year right,” “make it your best year ever” or “do those things you’ve been putting on hold.”
We at Carrying On dole out our fair share of advice all year long, so it’s a natural fit for us to get in on the resolution action as well. Mike and I got together to create our (drum roll please) Official 2011 Carrying On New Year’s Resolutions!
Check out the list. Be sure to add a comment below, to tell us which is your favorite and guess who (Mike, TD, or both of us) made the particular resolution. Also, don’t hesitate to get a bit creative, adding your unique resolution to the comments as well.
Remember, it’s never too late to make a resolution. As Mike has said on many occasions, “I never made a resolution I didn’t break.”
Official 2011 Carrying On New Year’s Resolutions (those in red have been broken)
- I will only have one cocktail before jury duty
- I will avoid taking a bath whenever possible – to conserve more water of course
- I will no longer dress my pets in human clothes
- I will not ring the flight attendant button on airplanes just to ask “what time zone we’re in”
- I will always leave a voicemail when I call someone for the fifth time on their cell phone in a day
- I will invest in a new white dinner jacket
- I will wear the same suit 2-3 times on a trip to avoid checking a bag
- I’m going to stop following Justin Bieber on Twitter and I’ll only check my facebook account once a day to see if he accepted my friend request
- I will stop saying,” ooh, that feels nice” whenever the TSA security guys frisk me at airports
- I will stop cursing - I broke this resolution on January 2 at approximately 12:38pm while watching the New York Knicks fall behind to the Indiana Pacers (a game they eventually won)
- I will eat better – I broke this resolution on January 1 at approximately 9:30am when I ate half an Entenmann’s All Butter French Crumb Cake that was sitting on the counter
- I will do some form of exercise every day – if changing channels on the remote counts, I am in good shape here
- I will give the brown, yellow, red orange and blue M&M’s a shot – many people tell me that they are just as tasty as the green ones
- I will not act like an obnoxious New Yorker when the Jets win the Super Bowl – “J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets”
Click here to join Carrying On Compadres, our new group on LinkedIn.
Entry filed under: Mike's musings, TAP, Tony's thoughts. Tags: Carrying On, Entenmann's, facebook, Indiana Pacers, Justin Bieber, M&M's, New Year's Resolution, New York Jets, New York Knicks, Super Bowl, TSA, twitter, white dinner jacket.