Tony D is Carrying On

December 22, 2011 at 3:00 pm 12 comments

by Tony

After a 7+year run, I’ve decided to leave Rearden Commerce effective at year’s end.

It’s been a great ride….one that saw us grow from not even having a Travel application or a distributor of any kind, and when we could fit all our customers into my 1978 Cadillac, to where we stand today….over 7,000 customers, 50+ Travel Management Company Partners, processing over 14 Million transactions annually, and being a recognized, well respected brand, and leader in the space.

I was blessed to have the help of a fabulous team of co-workers, along with the support of our partners, customers, and my many industry contacts and friends, and I sincerely thank you all for helping with my success.

Never fear, CarryingOn will continue to carry on with me at the helm, backed by occasional guest bloggers—including some of those you’ve come to know and love on this blog. You might also start to hear from the Carrying On bloggers on Rearden Commerce’s Deem Blog. I want to thank my partner in almost crime Mike D, and the Rearden Marketing folks behind the scene: Brent Cohler, Alicia diVittorio, Yoni Meron, and Allison Jeannotte, for helping get it started and for giving me the inspiration to post on a regularly basis (some would call what Allison does nagging, but it’s all good and without her you might not see another post for months 🙂 ).

I’ll be taking a short break primarily to get my bowling game back in order, but will also be looking for my next opportunity and challenge, so I’m sure I’ll see you all out there very shortly.

Until then, I wish you all the best.

Happy Holidays,

Tony D

Entry filed under: Tony D'Astolfo, Tony's thoughts. Tags: , , .

Things are not always as they seem… The Daly Grind New Year’s Resolutions

12 Comments Add your own

• 1. michaeljacques  |  December 22, 2011 at 4:06 pm

Tony, emjoy the Holidays, and know you inspire so many and we all look forward to your next venture, wishing you all the best!

• 2. Richard Clowes  |  December 23, 2011 at 10:06 am

Good luck Tony

• 3. Rana Walker  |  December 24, 2011 at 8:27 am

You’ve been the main face of Reardon to me – enjoyed your blogs and the Beat article – and wish you nothing but all the best!

• 4. Audra JB Kruk  |  December 27, 2011 at 9:19 am

I will miss reading your posts and seeing you places, but I do hope our paths cross again in this lifetime. I have enjoyed getting to know you. Thank you for always making me laugh and giving me things to think about. You will truly be missed. I know you don’t need any luck, so I will say this, be challenged in whatever you choose to do next. From “your number 1 groupie” Audra

• 5. don murphy  |  December 28, 2011 at 6:32 am

Tony all the best

• 6. MIke Woodward  |  December 28, 2011 at 7:46 am

Best of Luck Tony…..Mike Woodward from BCD Travel

• 7. Sherri Horwedel  |  December 29, 2011 at 9:59 am

Tony, wishing you all the best in 2012. I look forward to connecting with you in your next venture!

• 8. Rock Blanco  |  January 3, 2012 at 2:00 pm

Brother Tony….I wish all the best to the “Grand Puba” of eCommerce sales. Look forward to working with you after you finish bowling that perfect game.

• 9. Sarana Donaldson  |  January 4, 2012 at 6:36 am

Tony, I hope you find work that is fulfill and challenging for you but let’s you stay home a little more often.

• 10. Paul Schnizler (@schniz)  |  January 5, 2012 at 5:37 am

Tony, a little late in my reply, but am raising a glass to toast your health and success in whatever comes next. Please tell me it is not candlepins.

• 11. Paul Schnizler  |  January 5, 2012 at 9:56 am

Tony, sorry I’m late in catching up on the news. Nonetheless, a toast to your health and whatever comes next. Please don’t tell me it’s candlepins, I couldn’t bear it.

• 12. Kai Larson  |  January 5, 2012 at 11:13 pm

Good luck Tony! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out in your new search.

Cheers,